Temporary Food Permit, Sales, and Food Based Events
Please review the following guidelines prior to submitting a temporary food permit application. In order to sell food, give away food or serve periisible foods on campus a food permit must be approved.
This procedure applies to all UC Merced temporary events where food is sold, served or given to the general public or campus community, such as student club events, department and campus affiliate events, and events where a third party vendor (caterer) is brought onto campus. These procedures protect health, prevent disease, and promote healthy practices among the campus community.
UC Merced Temporary Food Permit Guidelines:
Download the following document to attach to your event submission form under "Temporary Food Permit":
When uploading the file:
- Download the "Fillable Temporary Food Permit Application"
- Fill out every box that applies.
- Electronically sign and date the document.
- Click "Save As" and rename the file to:
- Example: "Ohana_Luau_Apr24_foodpermit"
- Upload the file to the temporary food permit
- Email file to email@example.com.
- About OSL
- Program Areas
- Business Center
- Civic Leadership
- Clubs & Orgs
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Margo F. Souza Student Leadership Center
- Office of Student Conduct
- Social Justice Initiatives
- Student Involvement & Transitional Programs
- Student Government (ASUCM)
- Women's Programs
- Lift While You Lead
- Programs & Events
- LGBTQ+ Initiatives
- Contact Us