LGBTQ+ Initiatives is honored to support our LGBTQ+ community by collaborating with Lambda Alliance and many other campus programs to bring our Annual Pride Week to life! This year, we have a whole range of programs affirming our lived experiences. There are 14 exceptional programs you can participat in:
Monday, April 3
- Pride Parade — 12:45am – 12pm, Cat Quad
Kick off Pride Week by marching alongside our fellow LGBTQ+ and Ally community!
- Pride Carnival — 1pm – 4pm, Scholar’s Lane
Join us on the other side of the rainbow at UC Merced’s annual Pride Carnival. Enjoy some carnival food and games while learning about the LGBTQ+ community at our resource and activity booths.
- Moonlight Film Screening — 6pm – 9pm , California Room
Looking for cinema that provides an intersectional lens on queer black self-exploration and romance? Join us for a film screening of the Oscar’s 2017 Best Picture: Moonlight.
Tuesday, April 4
- Debunking Stereotypes — 12pm – 1pm, in front of the library
Think you can pick out who fits where in the LGBTQQIP2SAA+ acronym? This panel breaks the ‘gaydar’ myth that people can tell someone’s sexual or gender identity simply by looking or speaking to them.
- Pride Expression Wall — 2:30pm – 5:30pm, CTK Quad
Show your artistic side by sharing expressions of encouragement, support, and love to the LGBTQ+ community on our communal graffiti wall.
- Gender Inclusive Treasure Hunt — 2:30pm – 5:30pm, CTK Quad
Explore our Bobcat campus as you attempt to locate all our gender inclusive restrooms. Take a selfie in front of all our gender inclusive restrooms to win a prize!
Wednesday, April 5
- Queer & Religious — 2pm – 3:30pm, California Room
Professor Susan Shaw from Oregon State University answers the question: can you be queer and religious? Join us for a discussion on how culture, not religion, perpetuates queerphobia and transphobia.
- Express Yourself: Art & Open Mic Night — 7pm – 9pm, Wallace-Dutra Amphitheater
Join us for a night of self-expression through dance, spoken word, poetry, music, and other art forms!. Guest performers include some of UC Merced’s finest expression group!
Thursday, April 6
- Lambda Alliance General Meeting: Sex Positivity & Healthy Relationships — 5pm – 6:30pm, California Room/Bobcat Lair
Join Lambda Alliance in our weekly General Meeting as we share space with Good Vibrations & UCM’s CARE office in an interactive workshop that explores healthy relationships and sex positivity within the queer and trans* community!
- Building Community Awards — 3:30pm – 5pm, Elizabeth’s Garden/ Yablokoff-Wallace Dining Center
The Building Community Awards recognizes the contributions of individuals within the University and the larger Merced City community who have shown outstanding service regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer+ (LGBTQ+) concerns at UC Merced.
Friday, April 7
- Lavender Community Unite —12pm – 1:30pm, Science and Engineering Building 2 Breezeway
Join us in building community amongst our LGBTQ+ & Ally undergraduate, graduate, postdoc, staff, and faculty Bobcats! Stop by for a great conversational space and food.
- Queer Sleepover – 7:30pm – 7am (overnight), Bobcat Lair
Build community with a good old-fashioned slumber party. Enjoy a night of karaoke, drag, video games, and snacks! *Closed to UCM students only
Saturday, April 8
- Queer Picnic — 2pm – 5pm, Lake Yosemite
Join us for a day out at Lake Yosemite and enjoy some fun games, activities, and food!
Sunday, April 9
- Lube Olympics — 2 – 5pm, Mariposa Hall lawn
Celebrate sex positivity with us as we learn about queer culture via a game of Queer Jeopardy. Don’t get an answer wrong or you might get slimed with lube! If you’re not down with lubing up, why not try your fashion skills at racing in drag all the while learning about safe sex practices!
- About OSL
- Program Areas
- Business Center
- Civic Leadership
- Clubs & Orgs
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Margo F. Souza Student Leadership Center
- Office of Student Conduct
- Social Justice Initiatives
- Student Involvement & Transitional Programs
- Student Government (ASUCM)
- Women's Programs
- LGBTQ+ Initiatives
- Contact Us
- LGBTQ+ Resources